Physician Assistant for Orthopedic Spine (ECMA)
Mountain View, CA
El Camino Medical Associates is seeking to add a Full-Time Physician Assistant for Orthopedic Spine to join our team in Mountain View.
This position offers the candidate an exciting opportunity to support a fellowship trained, Board-certified minimally-invasive & complex spine surgeon in a growing practice. This role provides a chance to deliver outstanding patient care and make a life-changing, positive impact for patients while ensuring seamless continuity of care.
The Physician Assistant (P.A.) will have a large role in the clinic including seeing new patients, diagnosing and beginning initial treatments, performing history & physicals to clear patients for surgery, treating chronic pain patients with medication management, performing medically necessary in office procedures such as trigger point injections, occipital nerve blocks, shoulder/knee injections and small joint injections. The P.A. will refer patients for needed examinations, laboratory tests, and imaging studies, and will answer patient phone calls and consider requests for prescription refills.
The P.A. will also have a large role in the operating room as first assistant in spine surgery with the majority of the cases being on the cervical and lumbar spine. The P.A. will perform post-operative care including hospital floor care and consultation.
- Clinic / Surgery Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., though occasional time beyond 5 p.m. may be required based on surgery schedules.
- On-call schedule based on need.
- Unrestricted California PA-C License.
- EMR Proficient, EPIC preferred.
What We Offer
- El Camino Medical Associates offers competitive pay with financial incentives.
- We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package which includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.