Quality, Patient Care and Patient Experience Committee Member
The Quality, Patient Care and Patient Experience Committee ("Quality Committee" or the "Committee") is to advise and assist the El Camino Health Board of Directors ("Board") in constantly enhancing and enabling a culture of quality and safety at El Camino Health and its affiliated entities where El Camino Health is the sole corporate member ("the Organization"). The Committee will work to ensure that the staff, medical staff and management team are aligned in operationalizing the tenets described in the Organization's strategic plan related to delivering high quality healthcare to all patients. High quality care is defined as care that is: safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and person-centered.
Candidates will have approximately greater than five years of experience in at least one of the three noted areas:
- Healthy Equity: Health equity exists when every individual has a fair opportunity to attain full health potential and no one is disadvantaged from achieving this potential. The Quality Committee member shall have health system experience in defining, evaluating, and mitigating the social determinants that stand in the way of health and well-being.
- Irrespective of industry background, the committee member shall have customer or patient experience knowledge. The member shall have experience around driving improvement and service recovery including experience utilizing the net promoter score or other loyalty based measurements as a key performance indicator.
- Ambulatory Quality: The committee member shall have an understanding of how to evaluate and impact performance in primary and specialty care in the outpatient setting.
Additional Professional Experience/Competencies:
- Quality background preferred
- Board Committee experience is preferred but not required
- The successful candidate will be independent as defined in the Committee Charter
El Camino Health values diversity and seeks candidates who represent the broad and diverse nature of its patients and employees.
The ideal candidate will have the following critical characteristics and behaviors:
- An impeccable reputation for honesty and integrity
- Collaborative nature
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to be effective with other Board members and executive management
- High energy and sense of urgency
- Innovative, creative, and imaginative
- Mission driven
- Comfortable with change
An individual from the local community in and around Santa Clara County would be appropriate. Experience in healthcare is not a requirement. Qualified candidates who are women and/or members of underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
To inquire about the open position or to nominate someone you know, please email email@example.com.
Submissions due by October 7, 2022
The Quality, Patient Care, and Patient Experience Committee generally meet in-person nine times annually and jointly with the Board of Directors for educational sessions two times annually. Occasionally an additional meeting is held as required for non-scheduled matters.
About El Camino Health
El Camino Health provides a personalized healthcare experience at two not-for-profit acute care hospitals in Los Gatos and Mountain View and at primary care, multi-specialty care, and urgent care locations across Santa Clara County. For nearly sixty years, the organization has grown to meet the needs of individuals and communities it serves. Bringing together the best in new technology and advanced medicine, the network of nationally recognized physicians and care teams deliver high quality, compassionate care. Key service lines include behavioral health, cancer, heart and vascular, mother-baby, neurology, orthopedics, spine, urology and women's health. The hospitals have earned numerous awards for clinical excellence, including being named as a top 100 hospital in the nation by Fortune/IBM Watson Health and Newsweek, Best Maternity Care Hospital for Los Gatos hospital by Newsweek, and earning a 5-Star Overall Hospital Quality Rating from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). El Camino Health has earned four consecutive American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognitions for nursing excellence and quality patient care.