Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant – Sobrato Specialty Clinics Cardiac (Heart Vascular Institute)
Mountain View, CA
Provides professional nursing services to patients following established standards and practices under the supervision of an assigned MD. Applies nursing process and theories as well as principles of psycho-social and physical sciences, in assessing, planning, diagnosing, implementing, evaluating, and modifying patient care. Strives for quality outcomes and innovative practice in accordance with the California Nursing Practice Act and the Hospital/departmental policies. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered and for the delivery of care consistent with the ANA Code of Ethics and the ANA Bill of Rights for Nursing. The Nurse Practitioner provides care in a collaborative manner with other disciplines to ensure optimal, individualized patient care and outcomes. All aspects of the Nurse Practitioner's performance supports service excellence and a healing environment.
The Nurse Practitioner serves as a liaison between the patient and family, physician, internal and external care providers, specialists, referrers, support network members, e.g, social workers and nutritionists, and the wider health care community.
Heart & Vascular Institute
The Nurse Practitioner, Heart & Vascular Institute (NP) aids patients in achieving optimal quality of life by focusing on symptom management, assisting with care coordination, providing support and education, empowering patients to optimize time with clinicians and facilitating appropriate follow-up care. The NP will provide care throughout the continuum.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of one (1) year outpatient experience.
- Furnishing and DEA number.
- Strong facilitative collaboration skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively/collaboratively as part of a team, developing productive working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving, conflict resolution skills.
Heart & Vascular Institute – Department Specific Experience
- Three (3) years' recent experience as a NP in cardiology setting required.
- License and Certification
- Current CA Registered Nurse license – California Board of Registered Nursing
- California Nurse Practitioner Certification – American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Current BLS (Basic Lifesaving) Certification – American Heart Association
What We Offer
- Generous and competitive benefits package, including paid CME, Dues, licenses, etc.
- Collegial work environment that provides autonomy.