By order of the Santa Clara County Health Officer, COVID-19 testing is available to patients who meet ANY of the following criteria:
- You have any symptoms of COVID-19;
- You have been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19; or
- You are required or recommended to have a COVID-19 test under state or county guidelines (healthcare facilities are not required to provide routine surveillance testing to K-12 students, but must provide all other testing recommended or required for K-12 students).
If you fall into one of these categories, a PCR or antigen test will be provided to you within 24 hours. El Camino Health patients can get tested for COVID-19 at the following locations:
- Through your primary care provider
- Any of our urgent care locations
- Our hospital in Mountain View
Asymptomatic patients who need a COVID-19 test can also schedule a test at the El Camino Health - Sobrato Lab, funded by the El Camino Healthcare District. COVID-19 testing at this location is available for those who live, work, or go to school within the district (including most of Mountain View, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, a large portion of Sunnyvale, and small sections of Cupertino, Santa Clara, and Palo Alto). Testing will be limited to 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (except holidays). Schedule an appointment online or call 650-940-7022 and select option 4.
In addition, El Camino Health tests all patients scheduled for a hospital procedure prior to their surgery.