Skip to main content
Schedule your Free Diabetes Prevention Program Consultation Today
Prevent Diabetes or Stop Progression
Do you have pre-diabetes, diabetes or a family history of diabetes? Is your HbA1c creeping higher? Are you interested in losing weight or to manage your blood sugars better?
According to the CDC, the National Diabetes Prevention Program reported a 5-7% weight-loss in program participants and a 58% reduction in the incidence of diabetes in those who received education on lifestyle modification, nearly twice as much offered by metformin, the leading medication to manage diabetes, over a 3-year period.
About El Camino Health's DPP Program
DPP at El Camino Health is an engaging, yearlong, CDC Full-plus recognized National Diabetes Prevention Program, aimed at losing body weight in a sustainable way to lower blood sugars, and prevent and/or better manage diabetes. This structured, high touch comprehensive telehealth program includes interactive online classes, meetings with a registered dietitian, group support and much more! A personal health coach helps you in practical ways to establish positive health routines simply, comfortably, and sustainably.
- Lose weight
- Lower A1c
- Stop diabetes before it starts or halt or reverse its progression
- Reduce risk for type II diabetes, heart disease and stroke
- Comprehensive clinical and lifestyle risk profile
- Detailed and personalized recommendations based on your profile
- 22+ interactive and engaging online sessions covering the National Diabetes Prevention Program curriculum
- 4+ evidence-based workshops on Lifestyle MEDS - Meditation, Exercise, Diet and Sleep
- Frequent personal health coaching sessions
- Group/social support and weekly motivations
What our Participants are Saying
"Prior to joining the program it was really hard and confusing to try and manage my diabetes with online coaches and material. Additionally, the coaches are empathetic, and gentle and firm in guiding me. The net result has been reducing my weight from 200 to 175 lbs. and my A1C from 9.2 to 6.1!" – DPP participant V.A.
Schedule a FREE Consultation to See if You Qualify
In the consultation, we will review your specific health details, your current lifestyle, and details of the program to determine if the DPP is a good fit for you.
Prediabetes and Diabetes Pose Serious Health Risks
Diabetes can lead to serious health complications like blindness, kidney failure, heart disease, stroke, or loss of toes, feet and legs. Here are some other statistics:
- Prediabetes: 84M of US population or 1 of 3 have prediabetes, 90% with prediabetes are undiagnosed
- Diabetes: 30M of US population or 1 of 10 have diabetes, 25% are undiagnosed
- One third of Asian Americans have prediabetes
- 1 in 5 Asian Americans have diabetes; 51% are undiagnosed, highest among all ethnic and racial groups
- Asian Indians (24.8% men 16.8% women), Asian Chinese (13.2% men, 10.9% women), Non-Hispanic White (8.6% men, 5.9% women)