This article from our Health Library is for educational purposes. Please contact us with questions specific to the services we provide, to find a doctor or to schedule an appointment.
What Do You Know About Breast Cancer?
Test your knowledge of breast cancer by taking this quiz.
1. Finding breast cancer early is the key to successful treatment.
2. Older women are more likely to develop breast cancer.
3. Most breast lumps are cancer.
4. It's OK to use deodorant on the day you have a mammogram.
5. Women who drink more than one alcoholic beverage a day increase their risk for breast cancer.
6. Women who have their first child before age 30 and breastfeed are less likely to develop breast cancer.
7. Smoking may increase your risk for breast cancer.
8. Breast cancer can be treated by surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
9. Starting at age 30, women should have a mammogram every 1 or 2 years.
10. A woman's chances of developing breast cancer are higher if her mother, a sister, or daughter had it.
11. It's safe for women to use hormone therapy for a prolonged time during menopause.
12. Regular exercise can reduce your risk for breast cancer.
13. Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women.
© 2000-2018 StayWell, 780 Township Line Road, Yardley, PA 19067. All rights reserved. This information is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. Always follow your healthcare professional's instructions.