Cancer Survivors' Day 2019
WhenSaturday June 1, 2019
11:00 AM - 4:15 PM
RoomConference Center (located on the ground floor of the main hospital)
Please complete your online registration by Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 5:00PM.
The doors will open at 10:45 AM.
Cancer Survivors' Day Activities
- 10:45 a.m. - Doors open & Registration, Ground Floor
- 11:00 a.m. - Lunch in the Conference Center Hallway
* Community Resource Tables, Education, and Activities
* Prostate Screening
- 12:30 p.m. - Welcome & Recognition of Survivors
- 12:45 p.m. - Cancer & Fasting: When is Less More?
* Presented by Charis Spielman, MPH, RD, CSO, CNSC
- 1:45 p.m. - Panel Discussion
* Get answers from our team of experts, including doctors, clinicians and staff about treatments, pain management and more
- 2:45 p.m. - Keynote Speaker: What My Dog Taught Me About Cancer
* Presented by Teresa Rhyne: Lawyer, Dog Lover, Cancer Survivor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of "The Dog Lived (and So Will I)" and "The Dogs Were Rescued (and So Was I)".
- 3:45 p.m. - Ice Cream Social
* Conference Center Hallway
Prostate Cancer PSA Screening for Men
Prostate cancer is the most common non-skin cancer in men. Those at risk for prostate cancer are:
- Men 50+ years old and over
- Men 40+ years old with a family history of prostate cancer
- African-American men are 73% more likely to get prostate cancer than Caucasian men
Complimentary prostate cancer PSA blood test screening will be offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. Please indicate if you are interested in the blood test when you register for this event.
The event will take place in the Conference Center of our Mountain View campus. The conference center is located in the ground floor of the main hospital, past the cafeteria.
Cancer Survivors' Day is made possible by community donations to the El Camino Hospital Foundation.