LGBTQIA+ Healthcare Symposium
WhenFriday June 14, 2019
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
RoomConference Rooms E, F & G
To register using your HealthPerks account, use the "Register Online" button above. If you would like to register without a HealthPerks account, please click here.
Some of the objectives that will be covered during the symposium are:
- Understand the differences in gender identity, gender expression, biological sex, sexual identify and romantic identity.
- Explore how bias and perception can affect patient care.
- Learn how to apply healthcare with dignity with all LGBTQIA+ patients.
- Identify best practices for ensuring a welcoming healthcare setting for LGBTQIA+ patients.
- Identify critical points in our local history to gain equality for the LGBTQ community.
- Learn about the early years of HIV/AIDs and healthcare advocacy leading to change.
Keynote Speaker, Kristie Overstreet, PhD, LPCC, LMHC, LPC, CST is a clinical sexologist, psychotherapist, consultant, speaker, trainer and author with over twelve years of clinical experience working with all types of clients. Dr. Overstreet created the Transgender Healthcare Dignity Model training and certification program that teaches behavioral and medical providers to provide the best care for transgender, nonbinary, and gender queer clients.
Keynote speaker sponsored by donations to the El Camino Hospital Foundation.
Special Guest, Ken Yeager, PhD, has been a pioneer for the LGBTQ community in Santa Clara County for more than 4 decades. The first openly gay elected official in Santa Clara County, Ken has expanded funding for services to address LGBTQ health, social stigma and homelessness. He has recently published two short memoirs on which he will speak; The Long Struggle for LGBTQ Equality in Santa Clara County and Battle Against HIV/AIDS : A Look Back at the first Decades of Santa Clara County. He is currently the Executive Director of the BAYMEC Community Foundation, a nonprofit foundation dedicated to education, services and issues affecting the local LGBTQ community.
For questions, please contact email@example.com