Mindful Way Through Depression -Free Introductory Session
WhenWednesday March 11, 2020
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
RoomPark Pavilion (YMCA Building), Room K
Class Registration Is Through A.R.T. Mindful-based Stress Reduction Programs
For more detailed information, including class meeting schedule, please visit the Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Programs website or register online. The free introductory orientation class is required to enroll.
The goal of this training is to build emotional resilience around the destructive thinking that triggers depressive episodes. By participating in this class, students may expect to:
- Begin to more clearly identify the patterns of mind that precede a depressive episode and to learn how to intervene.
- Develop an understanding of negative thinking while practicing self-compassion and self-soothing.
- Create a greater capacity to tolerate painful emotions, allowing distressing moods, thoughts and sensations to come and go without battling with them.
- Discover that difficult and unwanted thoughts and feelings can be held in awareness and seen from a different perspective-a perspective that brings with it a sense of warmth and compassion to difficulties.
- Learn to live more often in the present, to be in touch with the experience of being alive.
$350 + $35 material fee ($35 material fee to be paid directly to instructor by cash or check. Please bring to first class). Partial scholarships available.
Questions or prefer to register by phone?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Stress Reduction Hotline at 650.779.5788 x8745 for assistance.