These investments have made a difference in the lives of thousands of our neighbors. In fiscal year 2018, we contributed:
- $63.5 Million in total El Camino Hospital Community Benefit, including $3.1 Million for community health grants and sponsorships. See the financial breakdown.
- $6.9 Million in community health grants and sponsorships from the El Camino Healthcare District.
Through grants and sponsorships, the District and the Hospital are working with community partners to prevent disease, improve mental health, and make healthcare and healthy choices more accessible. Our FY2018 Community Benefit Report highlights the impact we are making. Here are just some of the numbers of people served:
- 111,300+ children and their families accessed health programs at local schools
- 23,600+ people received free primary care and chronic disease management services
- 9,000+ people received free mental health services
Although the District and the Hospital have separate, individually funded Community Benefit Grant Programs, they share the same goals of making meaningful investments that help our neighbors -- especially the economically disadvantaged -- get the healthcare they need and funding local programs that contribute to the health and well-being of the entire community.
Learn more about how we are addressing unmet health needs in our community.
This article first appeared in the November 2018 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.