Mother-Baby (Maternity) Health
Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en español.
Our maternal health professionals are dedicated to making your birth experience as comfortable and joyous as possible. It’s this dedication that has earned us repeated recognition as “best place to have a baby” by Bay Area Parent magazine.
We offer all the services you need in a single place. Our specially trained, compassionate nurses work closely with your doctor or certified nurse-midwife to honor your wishes and provide you and your baby with exceptional care.
Expertise, Comfort and Convenience
When you choose El Camino Health for the birth of your baby, you can count on:
- Expert care. Although most births go smoothly, our expert staff is trained and equipped to handle the unexpected. We have a board-certified OB/GYN hospitalist available 24/7, along with anesthesiologists and neonatologists, and dedicated caesarean suites. Our Level II and Level III neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) are equipped with the latest technology.
- Comfortable, private birthing suites. Our birthing suites have a large window for plenty of natural light and are furnished with a built-in TV, a fold-out bed for your partner and a private bathroom with a shower.
- Breastfeeding support. Our lactation specialists provide you with information and support to breastfeed your baby. After you leave the hospital, we offer outpatient consulting and a free, drop-in support group.
- Information to keep you well-informed. Use the MyChart Bedside tablet to get up-to-date information about your health and your baby’s health — including your daily schedules — during your hospital stay. Everything you need to know is at your fingertips.
- Safety and security. You can rest assured that you and your baby are safe. We have 24-hour surveillance and security staff on site to provide the utmost security.
After your baby is born, we offer some special services for your convenience. While you’re still in the hospital, we'll help you begin the process to obtain your baby's birth certificate and social security number, and provide your baby's first screenings and immunizations.