The laboratory team at El Camino Health uses the latest equipment and technologies to give you fast, accurate results. Our professionals are well equipped to manage everything from routine diagnostic tests and screenings to providing valuable information for doctors to develop care plans for complex disease.
Have an upcoming test? Visit our frequently asked questions to learn more about lab services.
El Camino Health’s clinical labs are state licensed and nationally accredited by the College of American Pathologists. The advanced, automated technology at our Mountain View campus allows us to analyze approximately 1,000 specimens daily. Automation offers faster results and requires less blood for testing, which minimizes discomfort.
Both our Mountain View and Los Gatos labs process a wide range of tests, including:
- Biotechnology – Testing DNA and performing other diagnostic processes.
- Chemistry – Analyzing blood and other body fluids to check the function of specific organs, diagnose diseases and monitor treatments.
- Coagulation and hemostasis testing – Analyzing blood to determine its clotting status.
- Cytology – Testing samples to detect cancer, precancerous changes and other conditions.
- Drug testing – Examining blood, urine or other samples to detect specific substances.
- Hematology – Analyzing blood, bone marrow and other substances that relate to blood diseases.
- Histology – Studying tissue samples for evidence of disease.
- Microbiology – Culturing specimens to detect parasites, yeasts, molds, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Parasitology – Testing body fluids and tissue samples for parasitic infections.
- Serology – Testing specimens to identify antibodies that can indicate an infection or other condition.
- Urinalysis – Collecting and analyzing urine samples to detect many diseases and conditions.
- Transfusion services – Testing blood or blood components as part of medical infusion therapy.
Lab analysis requires a high degree of precision and expertise. In El Camino Health’s clinical labs, board-certified pathologists examine specimens, interpret test results and work with your doctor to help determine your diagnosis and treatment. Our pathologists also monitor the accuracy of testing done by our team of California-licensed clinical lab scientists.
El Camino Health’s state¬-certified phlebotomists — health workers trained to draw blood — are experts at collecting blood samples quickly and efficiently from people of all ages and health conditions.
Convenient Locations and Hours
To make laboratory testing more convenient for you, El Camino Health now offers several outpatient lab locations. No appointment necessary.
|Mountain View campus|
|Mountain View Hospital (El Camino Hospital)
2500 Grant Road
Mountain View 94040
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m.
Weekends: 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
2490 Hospital Drive, Suite 110
Mountain View 94040
Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
|Cancer Center Pavilion
2505 Hospital Drive
Mountain View 94040-4378
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
|The El Camino Health Cancer Center located in Cancer Center Pavilion also offers on-site laboratory services to provide seamless care for those undergoing treatment for cancer.|
|Los Gatos campus|
|Los Gatos Hospital
815 Pollard Road
Los Gatos 95032
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Weekends: 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Closed on Holidays
Laboratory Care Team
- Clinical laboratory scientists – Experts who analyze specimens such as blood and other body fluids, tissues and cells. These highly educated professionals also help supervise lab processes and personnel.
- Medical laboratory technicians – Clinicians who perform certain lab analyses under the supervision of a doctor or clinical laboratory scientist. These technicians are trained to follow strict protocols to ensure accurate test results.
- Pathologists – Doctors who are specially trained in areas such as toxicology, hematology, immunology and microbiology. They work with other members of the lab team to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Phlebotomists – Technicians who are trained to draw blood from patients for various lab tests.
Your Opinion Matters
Because your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take an active part in your care and welcome your feedback. Nurse managers are available to speak with you, and you may also call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or firstname.lastname@example.org.