Patients and experts alike trust the Neuroscience Institute at El Camino Health for specialized care of conditions affecting the central and peripheral nervous system. This complex network includes your brain, brain stem, spinal cord, spinal and peripheral nerves, and other intricate systems that regulate voluntary and involuntary functions. These include your memory and thinking, speech, vision, taste, hearing, breathing, heart rate and temperature control.
We provide full-spectrum care, from diagnosis through recovery. We offer advanced surgical and nonsurgical treatments. Our comprehensive services include education about health and wellness, including neurologic and other conditions.
Expert, urgent care is available 24 hours a day for emergency conditions, such as a ruptured aneurysm or stroke. This includes prompt, minimally invasive neurointervention and other treatments that can make a difference when seconds count.
Neurological Care and Coordination at Every Step
Through El Camino Health Specialty Care, an affiliate of El Camino Health, our care team provides and coordinates care for neurologic conditions, including diagnosis, treatment and comprehensive rehabilitation services. The neurologist works closely with the team that can include primary care doctors, interventional radiologists, heart and vascular specialists, physical and occupational therapists, and other specialists to deliver a full spectrum of care.
El Camino Health Specialty Care provides a wide range of services for neurologic conditions including:
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease
- Facial nerve pain
- Migraine headaches
Award-Winning Hospital, Including Stroke and Spine Specialties
If you want the best care, come to the experts who set the highest standards. El Camino Health has earned national recognition for neurology and neurosurgery from U.S. News & World Report. Other awards, include recognition for excellence in stroke care and spine care. What do these kinds of awards and recognition mean for you? Peace of mind during your care.
Teamwork, with a Wealth of Expertise
Neurology is one of the more complicated fields of medicine. It takes many experts specializing in varied areas of neurology to come together to offer you the best-possible care. The Neuroscience Institute at El Camino Health brings these experts together to provide you the diverse, high-level skills you need.
This expert team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-otologists (ear), physiatrists (rehabilitation), neuro-oncologists (brain and spinal cancer), pain management experts and others. Whether you need emergency care, specialized procedures or long-term rehabilitation, you're in good hands.
Neurological Care Highlights
The Institute brings you complete care for brain, spine and nerve conditions:
- Neurointervention leader. We are one of the few Bay Area hospitals to offer neurointervention, a minimally invasive way to treat brain conditions like ischemic stroke or AVMs and aneurysms.
- Stroke care excellence. Both El Camino Health locations exceed national stroke care standards. Emergency room doctors, neurologists and neurosurgeons are available 24 hours a day, for prompt and accurate diagnosis and appropriate life-saving interventions.
- Advanced procedures. Our surgeons are skilled in advanced procedures, like spinal fusion for chronic back pain, and skull base surgery.
- Cancer expertise. Our neuro-oncology experts collaborate with radiation oncologists skilled in stereotactic radiosurgery, which delivers powerful therapy to tumors, with pinpoint accuracy.
- Rehabilitation. The Acute Rehabilitation Center provides comprehensive care after a stroke, spine or brain injury. It's professionally accredited for general adult rehabilitation and stroke specialty care.
- Pioneering outreach. Our South Asian Heart Center and Chinese Health Initiative educate the community, including raising awareness about newly identified stroke risk factors among people of Asian descent.