Sometimes you need a specialist whose expertise is in one particular area of medicine for a specific health issue — a surgeon, a cardiologist or a podiatrist. But, for preventive care and overall health, you need a physician who specializes in your health — that’s your primary care doctor.
Care Shaped by You
Think of your primary care doctor as your personal health manager and advocate. He or she gets to know you and your health history to help you maintain good health.
Your primary care doctor:
- Sees you for preventive care, physicals, routine tests and immunizations, and manages chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or arthritis.
- Tracks your health history and medical records.
- Offers guidance on prevention and healthy living to keep you well over time.
- Coordinates with all your doctors and manages your prescriptions to keep you safe.
- Diagnoses and treats health concerns early, before they become more serious.
- Refers you to specialty care when necessary.
Trusted Care for You and Your Family
Your primary care doctor plays an important role in keeping you healthy, so it’s important to find one you trust and feel comfortable with. During certain times of the year and when certain life changes occur, you have the opportunity to select a physician that is right for you. From speaking your language, to the physician’s gender, and convenience of their office, you can find the primary care doctor that fits your needs.
El Camino Health, partners with leading community doctors across the South Bay, including many who are fluent in multiple languages. Through El Camino Health they have access to all the specialists, hospitals and clinics, latest treatments, new programs such as Lifestyle Medicine among other services that you and your family will need to stay well and manage times of illness.