Sleep is essential to your health and well-being. If you’re not getting enough, you probably feel it every day with symptoms like difficulty concentrating, poor memory, irritability and depression. Long-term sleep problems can lead to serious health conditions like weight gain, high blood pressure, heart disease, cardiac arrhythmias, stroke and diabetes.
According to the National Institutes of Health, more than 40 million people in the U.S. have chronic sleep problems such as insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome and sleep apnea.
The sleep specialists at El Camino Health understand that while sleep problems are common, each person’s situation is unique and requires an individualized treatment plan.
Helping You Rest Easy
At El Camino Health, we’re committed to helping you avoid these problems by improving your sleep. Our Sleep Disorders Program offers:
- Expert staff. Our team of sleep specialists is directed by a board certified full time sleep medicine physician and includes sleep apnea surgeons and a dentist who’s certified in dental sleep medicine.
- Accredited sleep lab. The El Camino Health Sleep Lab is fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), the governing body for this field. AASM accreditation is the standard for excellence in sleep medicine. As a hospital-based facility, we provide the highest quality care through all phases of diagnosis and treatment. Our sleep studies are performed in a comfortable, hotel-like environment.
- Comprehensive follow-up care. After your sleep study, our sleep medicine specialist will analyze your results and discuss treatment options with you. We offer a full range of customized care for sleep disorders, including medical, surgical and dental procedures, as well as lifestyle recommendations to improve your sleep.
- We treat sleep disorders for all ages. We have a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment program for children ages 2 and above.
- Convenient location. Sleep Disorders Program services, including our sleep lab, are offered at our Los Gatos campus.
If you need to get a better night’s sleep, call us at 408-866-4070. Some insurance providers may require a referral for sleep health services.