As a hospital-based program, the Sleep Health Program at El Camino Health uses the latest diagnostic technologies to determine the cause of your sleep problems. Our highly trained professionals design a treatment plan that’s customized to your particular needs.
Our team of sleep experts includes:
- Sleep medicine specialist – Doctor with specialized training to diagnose and treat a full range of sleep disorders. A sleep medicine specialist manages chronic conditions such as sleep apnea, insomnia and restless legs syndrome.
- Dental sleep medicine specialist – Specialized dentist who works with the sleep medicine doctor to treat sleep disorders related to breathing problems, such as snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. A sleep medicine dentist is trained to select and fit oral appliances to relieve symptoms, as well as provide long-term follow-up care.
- Sleep surgeons – Otolaryngologists — ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeons — who specialize in treating snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. They work closely with sleep medicine doctors to determine the best surgical procedure for each person.
- Sleep medicine technicians – Specially trained technicians who administer sleep studies and ensure your comfort and safety throughout testing.
- Respiratory therapists – Clinicians who specialize in diagnostic and treatment therapies for people with breathing disorders. They assist with CPAP therapy and other breathing therapies for sleep apnea.
- Nurse practitioner – Nurses with advanced training who may specialize in specific areas. The nurse practitioner with El Camino Health's Sleep Health Program treats all sleep disorders and has special expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia
Your Opinion Matters
Because your comfort and well-being are important to us, we encourage you to take an active part in your care and welcome your feedback. Nurse managers are available to speak with you, and you may also call or write the patient experience team at 650-962-5836 or email@example.com.