Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct
We aim to advance the health and well-being of our patients, increase access to care, and build healthy and resilient communities for all. Everyone should expect a safe, caring and inclusive environment in all of our locations.
Our Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct helps us to meet this goal. El Camino Health is a place of healing and mutual respect. Words or actions that are disrespectful, racist, discriminatory, hostile or harassing are not welcome. The following will not be tolerated:
- Verbal threats and/or abusive language
- Physical assault
- Sexual harassment, whether verbal or physical
- Disrupting another patient's care or experience
- Offensive comments about others' race, accent, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other personal traits
- Refusal to see a clinician or other staff member based on these personal traits
- Possession and/or use of illegal drugs
- Possession and/or use of weapons
If you see or experience any of these behaviors, please report it to a member of the El Camino Health security team:
Anyone participating in these activities may be removed from El Camino Health property and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Our physicians, nurses and staff members are committed to delivering high quality care and outstanding outcomes to our patients. Please show them the respect they deserve and that you expect as a patient or visitor.
Thank you for choosing El Camino Health and joining us in our commitment to ensuring a safe, caring and inclusive environment for us all.