Your care and comfort are our top priorities, and we do everything we can to make your experience as pleasant as possible.
Please arrive two hours before your scheduled appointment for:
- Outpatient (ambulatory) surgery
- Overnight surgery
- Pediatric surgery, including outpatient procedures
- Maternity C-section
Our laboratory and radiology departments are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. You must register before any testing or procedures.
Get Acquainted Through Our Pre-Admission Program
If you’re scheduled for surgery or a procedure at El Camino Hospital, we offer an opportunity for you to get acquainted with us and learn more about what to expect during your stay. Our Pre-Admission Program provides information about hospital procedures and gives you a chance to ask questions about your upcoming stay.
When you participate in our Pre-Admission Program, you’ll:
- Receive a pre-admission packet of information, educational materials and forms for before and after your procedure.
- Meet with a patient registration representative who’ll take your information.
- Consult with a registered nurse.
- Have an opportunity to ask questions regarding your upcoming hospital stay.
- Complete any preoperative testing your surgeon has requested.
When you come in for your scheduled surgery or procedure, register on the first floor of the main hospital, next to the main lobby. If you’re scheduled for outpatient surgery at the El Camino Surgery Center, you’ll be contacted by center staff before your surgery.
If your doctor’s office hasn’t scheduled an appointment for you in the Pre-Admission Program yet, please call 650-988-8454 or 650-940-7180 to schedule your appointment or get more information about the program. If you’re unable to come in, we can schedule a phone appointment and mail you the appropriate handouts.
Once your doctor has scheduled your procedure, please call the outpatient surgery department at 408-866-4027 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment. We’ll discuss whether you prefer a pre-procedure visit or phone call.