Lifestyle medicine can have the greatest impact on diseases and conditions including:
- Type II diabetes.
- Prediabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol.
- Unhealthy weight.
- Fatty liver.
You know your lifestyle and behavior — the decisions you make every day — can affect your health and even shorten your life. Lifestyle medicine is an evidence-based medical specialty that can help you make the right changes to improve your health, manage or eliminate chronic conditions, reduce the need for medications and feel your best. And you don’t have to change primary care doctors or give up other treatments that are working.
The six pillars of lifestyle medicine are:
- Adopting a nutrient-dense, plant-predominate eating pattern.
- Optimizing and individualizing physical activity plans.
- Improving sleep.
- Managing stress with healthy coping strategies.
- Forming and maintaining relationships.
- Cessation of tobacco use and other unhealthy habits.
At El Camino Health Lifestyle Medicine, we build on this foundation to create a clinically managed personalized plan just for you, tailored to your needs, current health status, goals, preferences and life situation.
Unique features of our approach include:
- Lifestyle assessment and tracking to provide you insights in over 25 areas such as heart age, fitness age and numerous nutritional indices.
- Personalized meal plans and recipes crafted to your time, your tastes and your budget.
- Culinary medicine and classes that include cooking demonstrations.
- Biofeedback insights to stress and techniques to surpass everyday stressors.
We have multiple program tracks to help you make the necessary lifestyle changes — such as our individualized Advanced Lifestyle Medicine Program or our group Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP). Our physicians and staff work with you to identify the right one for you.
For Adults at Every Age and Stage of Life
Just about anyone who wants to improve or maintain their health can benefit from a lifestyle medicine consultation and treatment plan — because anyone can benefit from making healthy life changes, and most people need help making them.
Lifestyle medicine could help you:
- Reduce medication burden and side effects.
- Maintain vigor and vitality as you age.
- Reduce the risk from a family history of heart disease, stroke or other life-threatening conditions.
The first step is reaching out to our lifestyle medicine team. You’ll have a session with our lifestyle medicine physician and a second with our coach. We’ll assess your needs and chart a path to optimal health through specific, prescribed lifestyle changes.
Take the First Step
Whatever your risks, health status, age, stage of life or personal goals, lifestyle medicine could improve your health and optimally manage existing health conditions. To make an appointment or referral, call 650-962-4392. You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.