Crews are scheduled to complete Phase 1 of demolition for the Old Main Hospital on El Camino Health's Mountain View campus in June 2022. Phase 2 will begin shortly afterward, starting with the removal of hazardous materials. Demolition of the 60-year old building will make way for the following.
- Construction of a corridor link between the Main Hospital and Taube Pavilion
- An outdoor landscaped courtyard next to Taube Pavilion
- An area to install energy cells that provide on-site generated electricity
- Water storage tanks to meet 2030 seismic requirements
- A new service yard configuration with access to the new loading dock
- New water and recycling storage areas
The project is expected to be completed by winter 2024. You can monitor our progress throughout the demolition process on our webcam.
Mountain View Campus Completion Cam 3
(Mountain View, CA)
Crews have taken down the building addition connecting the Old Main Hospital to the Integrated Medical Office Building Parking Structure. They are currently in the process of completing the temporary service yard and receiving area.
Phase 2 of construction is expected to begin in summer 2022 with the abatement of hazardous materials. Once hazardous materials are removed, crews will complete demolition of the Old Main Hospital in six sequences:
- Demolition of the Surgical Wing
- Demolition of the One South Building
- Demolition of the Old Main Hospital
- Demolition of the Lab and Laundry Building
- Demolition of the East Temporary Exit Pathway
- Demolition of the Temporary Canopy
The scope of work for Phase 3 is under development and will be announced once internal approvals are obtained.