Los Gatos, CA - September 13, 2011 - The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at El Camino Hospital Los Gatos is holding a free half-day seminar, "Light at the End of the Tunnel," featuring information on the latest developments in Parkinson’s disease for individuals diagnosed with the disease, their caregivers or for those interested in learning more about the disease and how to appropriately treat it.
Date: Saturday, September 24 Time: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Place: Medical office building/conference room 555 Knowles Drive, Los Gatos
Topics will cover the basics of medical intervention, surgical intervention, caregiver training, voice and swallowing interventions, and rehabilitation. Speakers and their topics include:
- Neng Huang, MD, PhD, neurology: Parkinson’s disease, diagnosis, and treatments. New medication, treatments and therapy
- David Padgett, DO, rehabilitation medicine, Medical Director, Rehabilitation Center: Improving quality of life through rehabilitation
- Mahnaz Motayar, PhD, clinical neuropsychology: Emotional aspects, increasing caregivers effectiveness
- Inna Yaskin, DO, Internal medicine: Impact on memory and cognition
- Nancy Zyrkowski, Executive Director, Rehabilitation Center: New voice and speech therapy--LSVT (LOUD)
- Philip Ho, MD, otolaryngology, Evaluating voice and swallowing issues before initiating LSVT (LOUD).
Lunch will be provided.