For our patients' comfort, please follow these guidelines when you visit El Camino Hospital.
- Limit visitors to two at a time to assure a restful atmosphere.
- Observe the posted visiting hours and guidelines of each department.
- If you bring balloons, please bring Mylar balloons, rather than latex, to protect those who may be at risk for latex allergies.
- You may only bring in food for the patient with prior approval from the patient’s nurse.
- When sitting in a patient’s room, please use the chairs; don’t sit on the beds.
- Refrain from smoking — El Camino Hospital is a smoke- and tobacco-free environment and we support the health of our patients, visitors and staff. Learn more about our smoking cessation programs by calling 650-988-8225.
- While pets are not allowed, the hospital does allow service animals and therapy dogs. Please see the Service Animals for Disabled Patients or Visitors policy for more information. If you would like to speak to a Patient Advocate for Service Animals, please contact Patient Experience at 650-962-5836.
- Help us prevent the spread of infections (PDF) by following a few simple guidelines. If you have the flu, please don’t visit hospital patients.
If you want to reach a patient, call the hospital’s main number and ask for him or her by name or room number:
To protect our patients’ privacy, we don’t provide information about their location or medical condition without the patient’s permission.