As a result of more restrictive measures being taken throughout the Bay Area related to COVID-19, El Camino Health’s hospitals are implementing a new temporary visitor policy.
- Observe the current visiting hours and guidelines of each department.
- All visitors entering the hospital will undergo a symptom screening and temperature check, and will be required to wear a mask.
- If you bring balloons, please bring Mylar balloons, rather than latex, to protect those who may be at risk for latex allergies.
- You may only bring in food for the patient with prior approval from the patient’s nurse.
- When sitting in a patient’s room, please use the chairs; don’t sit on the beds.
- Refrain from smoking — El Camino Hospital is a smoke- and tobacco-free environment and we support the health of our patients, visitors and staff. Learn more about our smoking cessation programs by calling 650-988-8225.
- While pets are not allowed, the hospital does allow service animals and therapy dogs. Please see the Service Animals for Disabled Patients or Visitors policy for more information. If you would like to speak to a Patient Advocate for Service Animals, please contact Patient Experience at 650-962-5836.
- Help us prevent the spread of infections (PDF) by following a few simple guidelines. If you have the flu or COVID-19, please don’t visit patients in the hospital.
If you want to reach a patient, call the hospital’s main number and ask for him or her by name or room number:
To protect our patients’ privacy, we don’t provide information about their location or medical condition without the patient’s permission.