Low Dose CT Scan for Lung Cancer Screening
The risk of getting lung cancer increases with tobacco use and increased age. You may be able to receive a free Low Dose CT Lung Scan after consulting your primary care doctor.
Eligibility and Risk Factors
- Do you live within the El Camino Healthcare District?
- Are you uninsured or under insured?
- Are you a current or former smoker with at least 20 "pack years"?
For former smokers, quit date should be within the past 15 years.
- Are you between 50 and 80 years of age?
- Are you not experiencing any overt signs or symptoms of lung cancer? If you are experiencing symptoms, you may not be eligible.
- Undocumented immigrants, permanent residents (green card holders), and U.S. citizens are eligible to the program.
For more information on free screening and to see if you meet eligibility criteria, please call the Lung Nodule Navigator at 650-940-7301.
Free Community Low Dose CT Lung Scan is sponsored by the El Camino Health Cancer Center. The lung cancer education program is provided by the El Camino Health Cancer Center, El Camino Health Pulmonary Health, and El Camino Health Imaging Services.