Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I contact a patient/family member in the hospital?

    Patients must give prior permission for you to receive information about their condition or location. To contact a patient:

    • Mountain View Hospital (El Camino Hospital) – 650-940-7000
    • Los Gatos Hospital – 408-378-6131

    Ask for the patient by name or room number.

  • How do I change or cancel my appointment?
    myCare account holders can manage their appointments with participating providers online through their myCare account. myCare account holders may also schedule appointments for screening mammograms, ABUS™ (Screening Breast Ultrasound), and DEXA (Bone Density) through their account. Learn more about myCare and how to use these features. For all other hospital department appointments please call the department directly. To locate a department's phone number see the phone directory.
  • How do I change or cancel my appointment if I do not have a myCare account?
    If you are not a myCare account holder and need to make or change an appointment with a doctor, please call the doctor’s office number directly. To find a doctor’s office phone number visit the Find A Doctor section of this website. If you need to change or cancel an appointment with a department at one of our hospitals, - for example, Endoscopy - find the number in our phone directory and call the department directly.
  • Will you accept my insurance?
    Check our Insurance Plans list to check for your insurance carrier. If you have questions, call 650-988-8275 and speak with one of our financial counselors.
  • How do I pay my bill?
    We accept several forms of bill payment, including online payment. To pay online you may pay through myCare, our patient portal. If you prefer to use a "no-login", quick-pay solution, please visit our guest pay service at myCare guest pay.
  • I want El Camino Health to be my healthcare provider. How do I sign up?
    Although many of our providers and services may be covered under a health maintenance organization (HMO), El Camino Health is not an HMO. For a list of the insurance plans we accept, see our Insurance Plans list.
  • How do I get my medical records?
    To get a copy of your medical records from El Camino Health, you'll need to fill out an authorization form. There's no charge to have your records released to a doctor's office or medical facility. You may also access your health record through myCare if your hospital stay was after November 7, 2015. 
  • How much does it cost to have a baby?
    Our financial counselors can give you an estimate and general guidelines depending on the method of delivery (C-section or natural). Call 650-988-8275. You can also use our self-service portal and price estimator tool to obtain an estimate online 24/7. 
  • How do I get a birth certificate or social security card for my child?

    When your baby is born at Los Gatos Hospital or Mountain View Hospital (El Camino Hospital), our birth recorder will visit you to gather information for your baby’s birth certificate. As an added convenience, El Camino Health will help you begin the process to apply for your baby’s social security number.

    Please note that El Camino Health doesn’t keep or maintain birth certificates. The Public Health Department officially records births in Santa Clara County:

    • Get copies of birth certificates from the current and previous year from the vital records and registration department of Santa Clara County Public Health
    • Get copies of older certificates from the Santa Clara County clerk-recorder’s office.

    For more information about obtaining your baby’s birth certificate and social security number, visit Birth Registration FAQ.

  • How do I become a junior volunteer?
    Our highly competitive Junior Auxiliary Volunteer Program has limited openings each year. Candidates must attend our Annual Application Seminar. Review the Give Back section of our website for information about the next seminar.
  • How do I apply for an internship, fellowship or summer job?
    When available, openings for interns, fellows or summer workers are listed in our Job Finder. If you seek an educational experience to fulfill requirements for a degree program, ask your school’s placement coordinator or visit your school's career placement office for assistance.
  • I’m working on a school project and would like to set up an interview/tour/visit.
    Our doctors and clinicians are unable to grant personal interviews because they are busy caring for patients. Privacy practices at El Camino Hospital also limit facility tours, but you may email our Auxiliary or call 650-940-7214 to ask about limited-access group tours.
  • How do I apply for a job? Where is my job application in the hiring process?
    Visit our Careers section to apply and track your job application.
  • What nearby hotels does the hospital recommend?
    Although we don’t endorse or recommend particular hotels or motels, we do offer information about lodging near our Mountain View and Los Gatos campuses.
  • I live far away and have (or my family member has) a certain medical condition. Can you help me?
    El Camino Health doesn’t diagnose or give medical advice online or over the phone. You may find useful information in our health library. If you’d like to make an appointment with a doctor at El Camino Hospital, you can view doctor profiles using our Find a Doctor tool.
  • I want to acknowledge the hospital for outstanding service. Where do I send my thank-you note?

    You can email our patient experience team at, or you can send your note to:

    Patient Experience Department
    El Camino Health
    2500 Grant Road, M/S – EHG51
    Mountain View, CA 94040

    If you’d like to share a positive patient experience with others, consider telling your story at El Camino Health & Me.

  • I have a complaint. How can I get it to the right people?

    Please contact our patient experience team at or 650-962-5836. If you prefer, you can leave a message on our Comment Line at 650-988-7263, and remain anonymous if you wish. To send us a letter, mail it to:

    El Camino Health
    2500 Grant Road, M/S – EHG51
    Mountain View, CA 94040

    For a serious complaint or grievance, follow our Patient Rights guidelines.