Health Library & Resource Center
Our experienced medical librarians can provide you with what you need - often within minutes. Our medical library offers a wide range of services, available to you at no charge:
- Customized literature searches. You pick the topics, and librarians do the searching and send you the abstracts. Choose the articles you’d like to read, and they’ll send them to you.
- Journal article and book retrieval services. If you need a book or article that’s not in our library, our librarians can get it for you from one of the thousands of other medical libraries across the country (interlibrary loans).
- Up-to-Date, which provides clinical and patient education. Physician editors maintain and update the content by reviewing hundreds of journals.
- Access to MEDLINE, with more than 3,000 full-text online journals, along with other online databases.
- Journal table-of-contents alerts. Stay up to date on what’s being published in the journals of your choice or in a specific medical field.
- More than 3,000 full-text online journals, along with other online databases.
- Hundreds of professional-level textbooks in print and nearly a hundred available online.
In addition, the Health Library & Resource Center offers a variety of services open to the community - including eldercare and family caregiver assistance, help with filling out an advance healthcare directive, Medicare insurance counseling, and consultations with pharmacists or dietitians.
From your office or on the go, you can:
- View our online catalog. Look up books, DVDs and journals available in our library. Give us a call, and we’ll hold your choices so you can stop by and pick them up, or we can send them through interoffice mail.
- Read articles online. You can browse medical abstracts, articles and textbooks online. Staff will provide you with remote access to online databases.
- Get help with research. If you need help finding information, call our librarians at 650-940-7210 (Mountain View) or 408-866-4044 (Los Gatos). You can also email your request.
How We Work
If it’s a quick request, our librarians can often do it right away. If it requires more time - though most requests are fulfilled the same day - librarians will let you know when they can complete your search. They can deliver your materials via email, interoffice, fax, or you can pick them up.
Location and Hours
|Mountain View Hospital||Los Gatos Hospital|
|2500 Grant Road
Mountain View, CA 94040
Mon, Wed, Fri - 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tues, Thurs - 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
|815 Pollard Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Tues, Thurs - 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.