Health Library & Resource Center
Our experienced medical librarians can provide you with what you need - often within minutes. Our medical library offers a wide range of services, available to you at no charge:
- Customized literature searches. You pick the topics, and librarians do the searching and send you the abstracts. Choose the articles you’d like to read, and they’ll send them to you.
- Journal article and book retrieval services. If you need a book or article that’s not in our library, our librarians can get it for you from one of the thousands of other medical libraries across the country (interlibrary loans).
- Up-to-Date, which provides clinical and patient education. Physician editors maintain and update the content by reviewing hundreds of journals.
- Access to MEDLINE, with more than 3,000 full-text online journals, along with other online databases.
- Journal table-of-contents alerts. Stay up to date on what’s being published in the journals of your choice or in a specific medical field.
- More than 3,000 full-text online journals, along with other online databases.
- Hundreds of professional-level textbooks in print and nearly a hundred available online.
In addition, the Health Library & Resource Center offers a variety of services open to the community - including eldercare and family caregiver assistance, help with filling out an advance healthcare directive, Medicare insurance counseling, and consultations with dietitians.
From your office or on the go, you can:
- View our online catalog. Look up books available in our library. Give us a call, and we'll hold your choices so you can stop by and pick them up, or we can send them through interoffice mail.
- Read articles online. You can browse medical abstracts, articles and textbooks online. Staff will provide you with remote access to online databases.
- Get help with research. If you need help finding information, call our librarians at 650-940-7210 (Mountain View) or 408-866-4044 (Los Gatos). You can also email your request.
How We Work
If it’s a quick request, our librarians can often do it right away. If it requires more time - though most requests are fulfilled the same day - librarians will let you know when they can complete your search. They can deliver your materials via email, interoffice, fax, or you can pick them up.
Location and Hours
|Mountain View Hospital||Los Gatos Hospital|
|2500 Grant Road
Mountain View, CA 94040
Mon, Wed, Fri - 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tues, Thurs - 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
|815 Pollard Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Tues, Thurs - 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.