It’s nearly fall, which means you can finally break out your favorite pumpkin recipes! Try making these delicious pumpkin muffins for a healthy fall snack that your friends and family will love.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners (or lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray).
- Puree the old-fashioned oats in a food processor or blender until they are a flour-like consistency. Add in pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt, pulsing mixer until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract, whisking until evenly combined.
- Fold the dry ingredients from your mixer into the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Stir until combined, trying not to over-mix ingredients. Optional: you can add in some chocolate chips for an extra yummy treat!
- Pour even amounts of batter into baking cups. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Remove from the oven and let muffins cool for at least five minutes before serving.
This article first appeared in the October 2019 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter, and was updated in September 2020.