Enjoy your fall season with these delicious, easy pumpkin muffins!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners, or use non-stick spray.
- Combine the honey, apple sauce, coconut oil, milk, egg, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, including the spices.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop about ¼ cup into each slot of your prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool, then serve and enjoy!
This article first appeared in the October 2022 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.