A change in texture can really take your salad to a new level! Try paper-thin shaved vegetables for a beautiful and enticing salad that’s packed with vegetables that still carry a crunch.
- 1 medium daikon, peeled
- 1 medium bunch red radish, trimmed
- 4-5 medium rainbow carrots, trimmed
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium red or gold beets, peeled
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and quartered
- 2 cups cauliflower
Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, shave all vegetables except for the scallions into very thin pieces. Add to a large bowl; you should have about 10 cups of vegetables. Add in the chopped scallions.
- 6 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoon white miso
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
In medium bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, miso, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce until smooth. Drizzle over vegetables and lightly toss to coat. Serve immediately.
This article first appeared in the March 2023 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.