Put your thanksgiving leftovers to good use with this hearty and healthy recipe.
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 zucchini cut into small cubes
- 3 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups of whole wheat egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot to low/medium heat. Wash, dry and cut your vegetables (carrots, celery, onion, zucchini and garlic), then add to the pot with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Saute the vegetables until translucent, then add the shredded turkey and vegetable stock. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, add in the onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, rosemary and bay leaf, and let it come to a boil. Add in the pasta and stir until incorporated.
- Cook until the pasta is done, let cool — then serve!
This article first appeared in the November 2022 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.