El Camino Health provides a variety of resources to help you take care of practical matters related to cancer and access the services you need to aid your healing process.
- Comprehensive cancer care resources, including support and assistance from clinicians with expertise in everything from social services and nutrition to referrals for genetic counseling, lymphedema management and more.
- Holistic services and amenities to support you through your cancer care experience.
- Cancer information — including books, videotapes, classes and more — at our Health Library & Resource Center. We offer online access for researching cancer and treatment options, and our medical librarians are available to assist you.
El Camino Health offers interpreting assistance for people who are non-English or limited-English speaking or hearing impaired — including a Chinese (Mandarin) interpreter available on call, seven days a week. The hospital uses a telephone-based service available to inpatients and outpatients, with access to more than 150 different languages.
If you’re staying in the hospital, we also have on-demand interpreters available by iPad video conference for a limited number of languages. Before an inpatient stay, simply notify patient registration staff if you have interpreting needs. During a hospital stay, notify your caregiver or call patient relations at 650-962-5836 (weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or 650-940-7332 (anytime).
If you’re making an outpatient visit, ask the front desk staff to set up interpreter services for you.
Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
As you go through treatment and questions arise, your cancer care team is dedicated to keeping you and your family members well informed. Find answers on topics such as:
- Billing, including information about financial assistance, paying your bill and more.
- Insurance, including information about insurance counseling.
- Creating an advance healthcare directive, which allows you to appoint another person to be your healthcare agent.
- Your rights as a patient.
- How we protect your safety during your stay with us.