1 minute tips:
- Walk up and down a flight of stairs – twice!
- Replace your afternoon soda with a glass of water instead. Add a slice of lemon or lime for some extra zing.
5 minute tips:
- Pull out a jump rope and get your heart rate up in less than 5 minutes.
- Check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
15 minute tips:
- Clean our your freezer by tossing anything that’s over a year old or has a lengthy list of ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- Search for a new recipe that features beans or lentils instead of meat.
30 minute tips:
- Turn off all of the electronics and read an old-fashioned book for 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Find a neighborhood pool, and try swimming 20 or more laps for a fun and low-impact workout.
This article first appeared in the January 2014 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.