Try this nutritious recipe.
Start your day off on a healthy (and delicious!) note with these banana oatmeal pancakes. These light, fluffy pancakes will keep you satisfied throughout your morning without any of the typical fillers used in sugary breakfast foods.
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine milk, banana, eggs, egg white, maple syrup, rolled oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a blender, blending until smooth.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter onto skillet in medium-sized circles.
- Cook pancake for two to three minutes, flip, and cook the other side for another one to two minutes.
- Drizzle with real maple syrup, or top with your favorite healthy toppings. We recommend fresh berries, a pieces of banana, or almond slices.
This article first appeared in the April 2019 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.