Whether you make this casserole the night before or the day-of, this breakfast casserole is an easy yet delicious way to start your day.
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ c milk
- ½ c red bell peppers
- ½ c spinach
- ½ c onion
- ½ c diced sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (optional) low-fat or vegan breakfast sausage
- (optional) cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice potatoes and vegetables (except spinach) into even cubes.
- Fry sweet potatoes and vegetables in a pan with a small amount of butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until potatoes are tender. (Optional: fry breakfast sausage until cooked and add to the mix).
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Set aside.
- Add fried mixture into a casserole dish and pour egg mixture on top. (Optional: add some shredded cheese).
- Bake the breakfast casserole until the egg mixture is fully cooked, approximately 20-30 minutes.
This article first appeared in the March 2021 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.