- 1¼ pounds Salmon
- 10 asparagus spears
- 6 ounces butter lettuce and radicchio mix (or other mixed greens)
- Mini Heirloom tomatoes (or regular cherry tomatoes)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pinches salt
- 3 pinches pepper
- Set oven to high broil.
- Place butter on top of salmon and sprinkle with two pinches salt and pepper.
- Broil salmon on high in the middle of oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Wash asparagus and remove ends.
- Sauté asparagus in 1 tablespoon olive oil with one pinch of salt and pepper on medium high heat until cooked el dente.
- Remove pit from avocado and cut into one inch squares.
- Slice tomatoes into quarters.
- Mix greens, with avocado and tomatoes in medium bowl and toss with dressing (see below) and serve with salmon and asparagus spears.
Dijon Dill Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dextrose
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 pinches dried dill
Mix oil with vinegar and mustard. Add other ingredients and mix.
This recipe first appeared in the March 2016 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.