Make winter feel like summer with this bright and tasty dish.
- 1lb boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ a red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ cup pineapple
- Salt and pepper
- Wooden or metal skewers
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- Dice meat and vegetables into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Create marinade by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic and cilantro. Set aside some of the marinade.
- Toss the chicken with the remaining marinade and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Alternate chicken and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill the kabobs until chicken is cooked through. Use the marinade that was set aside and drizzle over chicken and vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
Swap out different vegetables with what you have on hand to make it your own. Try different marinades and flavors. It may seem simple, but can brighten your winter palette.
This article first appeared in the February 2021 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.