- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into large bite-size pieces
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, fajita seasoning, oil and salt in a small bowl. Divide the marinade between two large sealable plastic bags.
- Add chicken to one, and peppers and onion to the other. Agitate to combine, seal and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Drain the chicken, discarding marinade. Thread the marinated chicken onto 4 skewers, and thread the peppers and onion alternately onto 4 skewers.
- Oil the grill rack and immediately add the kebabs, turning every 1 to 2 minutes, until the vegetables are tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook the chicken kebabs, turning every 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and browned, 8 to 11 minutes.
- Serve 1 chicken kebab and 1 vegetable kebab per person.
This article first appeared in the June 2018 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.