This flavorful chickpea salad only takes 10 minutes to make and there is no cooking involved, making it the perfect recipe for healthy lunches!
- 1 (15 ounces) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup hummus, or more depending on desired creaminess
- ¼ tsp old bay seasoning
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
For serving, per person
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves or 2 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- Sliced red onion, tomato, avocado and/or lettuce
- In a medium bowl, mash drained and rinsed chickpeas with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Prepare desired toppings, such as sliced red onion, tomato or avocado.
- If serving as a sandwich, toast bread and serve between slices with toppings. If serving with romaine lettuce leaves, top leaves with chickpea mixture and toppings. Alternatively, serve as a dip with sliced vegetables.
- To round out the meal, pair with baby carrots or a piece of fruit.