Simple Steps to Health for Men
- Do not smoke. Want to quit? Call our smoking cessation program at 650-988-8225 for info.
- Manage your weight by exercising regularly and eating a healthy and well balanced diet.
- Prostate screening is recommended at age 55 for most men, and younger if they have a family history of prostate cancer or are African American, due to higher risk for the disease.
- If you snore, ask your physician about sleep apnea. To learn about sleep disorders.
- Be evaluated for low testosterone if you have decreased energy, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, decreased work performance, loss in weight, extreme tiredness, decreased performance in sports, or difficulty managing your weight, or if you feel sad and grumpy.
- See a cardiologist if you have a family history of heart disease or certain risk factors such as obesity, high blood pres- sure, diabetes or erectile dysfunction.
This article first appeared in the Summer 2015 edition of the El Camino Hospital Health Beat magazine.