Start your morning off right with this brain-boosting breakfast!
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Whisk all ingredients together. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Warm 1 tsp olive oil in a 6-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in ⅓ cup farinata batter and form an even pancake.
- When air bubbles appear on the surface, or after about 2 minutes, use a spatula to carefully lift and turn over. Let cook on the other side for 2 additional minutes, or until crispy and starting to brown.
- That's all! Eat farinata as is, or topped with whatever you like. Common toppings include garnishes, hummus and parmesan cheese.
This article first appeared in the June 2022 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.