- 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 lemon, wedges
- 1 tbsp parsley, fresh
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tomatoes, fresh
- 1 olive
- 1 cup quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pita, wedged
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups water
- First rinse and drain your quinoa using a mesh strainer or sieve.
- Next add your quinoa & water to saucepan, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered with the lid slightly ajar, for 12-13 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa cooks, chop and prep the remaining ingredients and whisk together your dressing ingredients.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss.
- Add any additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
This recipe first appeared in the May 2016 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.