Try a sweet and healthy apple nut crisp recipe!
- 5 Large Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (not instant)
- 2/3 Cup Wheat or Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop apples in slices or pieces, depending on preference. Combine in a bowl with white sugar, and lemon juice. Pour into baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Chop butter into small pieces and combine with flour mix until blended. Stir in canola oil and walnuts until moist. Spread mixture over apples and place baking dish in the oven.
- Bake until the crisp is browned – about 35-45 minutes. Cool before serving.
Yields 8 servings.
This recipe first appeared in the January 2014 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.