- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups half-and-half
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- ¾ cup grated Gruyere
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 2-3 minutes, leaving them still a bit crisp. Set aside.
- Lightly butter a 13x9” baking dish. Mix the cauliflower and Cheddar and Gruyere cheeses, and pour into dish.
- Beat the eggs into the half-and half. Add the pepper, cayenne, and salt. Pour over the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with chopped green onion sprinkled on top.
This recipe first appeared in the November 2015 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.