- 2 (15oz) cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15oz) cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15oz) cans of white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 red bell pepper – cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper – cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix the black beans, pinto beans, white corn, green chiles, jalapeno pepper, red and green bell peppers, red onion, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, stir the rice vinegar, olive oil, and garlic powder together in a pan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and cool.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture, and toss to mix evenly.
This recipe first appeared in the July 2014 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.