- 1 whole chicken, 4 to 5 lbs.
- 2 – 3 heads garlic
- 4 lemons
- Fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut garlic heads and lemons in half and lay in the bottom of the slow cooker. (Cut the bottoms of the lemons so
that they lay flat)
- Remove insides from the chicken, rinse and pat dry.
- Season chicken well, inside and out, with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the chicken with a garlic head cut in half and a lemon cut in quarters, and place in slow cooker breast
- Cover the top of the chicken with additional lemon slices and rosemary.
- Turn the slow cooker on high, and cook for about 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the chicken
reaches 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to check the temp.
- Once the chicken has reached 165 degrees, turn off the slow cooker and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove, carve, and serve.
This recipe first appeared in the December 2015 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.