- 1-1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- High quality sea salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches and season with salt. Place pot over medium-high heat just until water begins to boil. Immediately reduce heat to maintain a steady simmer. Cook potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet to cool slightly. Transfer baking sheet to the refrigerator and chill potatoes completely.
- For the dressing: In a large bowl, place crème fraiche, mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and herbs; whisk to combine. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and additional lemon juice as needed. Set aside.
- When cool, slice potatoes in half lengthwise and place in a large mixing bowl. Toss with remaining tablespoon of oil and season generously with sea salt. Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat. Place potatoes on the grill, cut sides down. Cook until dark grill marks are achieved, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the potatoes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and cool for 5 minutes.
- Add grilled potatoes to large mixing bowl and dressing and stir to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. This salad can be served at room temperature or chilled.
This recipe first appeared in the July 2015 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.