- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together shallots, lemon juice, mustard and honey.
- Trim root ends of asparagus and discard.
- Cut asparagus tips off spears and add to the bowl with shallot mixture.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus spears into thin ribbons, adding to shallot mixture as you go.
- Add mint and parsley, and toss salad until combined.
This article first appeared in the April 2015 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.