- 7 cups Kashi Go Lean high protein cereal
- 3/4 cup dry roasted unsalted almond slivers
- 3/4 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup dry roasted unsalted cashews
- 2/3 cup dried fruit, such as cranberries
- 1 cup dry roasted whole chickpeas
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 2 tsp roasted coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida (heeng)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp dry mango powder
- In a large wok, heat oil to medium temperature.
- Add mustard seeds to the oil, cover the wok, and allow to sputter. Add curry leaves to the oil.
- Add fennel, heeng, turmeric, chili powder, roasted cumin, roasted coriander, and salt.
- Stir in the spices well for 30 seconds.
- Add the cereal and chickpeas, and stir well to coat- about 5 minutes.
- Add the nuts, cranberries, and mango powder. Stir to coat the mixture evenly for 5 minutes.
- Test for spice and add more chili powder, if desired.
This recipe first appeared in the October 2014 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.