- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup choice of seeds: sunflower, sesame, etc
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa nibs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Mix oats, almond butter, flaxseed, seeds, cocoa nibs, honey, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour.
- Remove mixture from the refrigerator and spoon out mixture and roll into small balls. If the mixture gets too messy, put back into the refrigerator to cool.
- Roll bites in chopped almonds and store in the refrigerator.
- Eat as a snack, one serving is one – two bites.
This recipe first appeared in the March 2014 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.