- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- 1 banana, very spotted and ripe
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or more
- Fresh ground nutmeg after it’s out of the
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F
- Mix all dry ingredients, into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine bananas, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond butter into a food processor or you may
mash with the back of a fork until smooth.
- Take this “wet” banana mixture and pour into the large mixing bowl filled with dry ingredients.
- Stir until everything is well coated and spread evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir very well (if you don’t you’ll have large clusters), bake for another 10-15 minutes or
until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before you store the granola in an air-tight container at room temperature (will keep for
Notes: If you like it sweeter, add more banana, maple syrup, or use stevia, you may use peanut butter instead of almond butter and if you’re allergic to any of the mentioned nuts or seeds, simply replace that nut/seed with something you can tolerate.
This recipe first appeared in the October 2015 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.
*Recipe by Charis Spielman, MPH, RD, CNSC and adapted from NutritionStripped.com