- 2 large spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup julienne tomato concasse (peeled and seeded)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut both squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all seeds. Rub them inside and out with the
- oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash with the cut side down on a sheet pan or cookie sheet and cover with foil. Place
- in the oven and cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with little pressure, about 20
- minutes. When they are done, scrape the meat out with a fork and reserve, keeping warm.
- In a hot skillet, melt the butter and continue to cook until dark brown. Add the capers,
- zucchini, and bell pepper to stop the butter from cooking any further, and cook stirring, until tender. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the squash, butter sauce, and tomatoes and serve.
This recipe first appeared in the September 2014 edition of the HealthPerks newsletter.